Problem-solving & Decision-Making
Before Funding: $695.00
Problem-solving and decision-making are important skills for business and life. Problem-solving often involves decision-making, and decision-making is especially important for management and leadership.
There are processes and techniques to improve decision-making and the quality of decisions. Decision-making is more natural to certain personalities, so these people should focus more on improving the quality of their decisions. People that are less natural decision-makers are often able to make quality assessments, but then need to be more decisive in acting upon the assessments made. Problem-solving and decision-making are closely linked, and each requires creativity in identifying and developing options, for which the brainstorming technique is particularly useful
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Discuss common components and characteristics of problem-solving and decision-making
- Anticipate and identify problems at the workplace
- Learn methods to determine root cause(s) when problems occur
- Apply problem-solving model to generate solutions
- Learn five steps of group problem-solving process
- Brainstorm creative solutions to a major concern that required an innovative approach
- Implement methods to sense obstacles and apply effective preventive and contingent actions to assure success
- Create appropriate decisions based on criteria selection
- Identify an action plan to implement a “live” solution and apply the skills on an ongoing basis
- What is a problem & common features of all problems
- Reasons in failing to find effective solutions and decision making
- Video: Thinking Skills
- 3 stages of Creative Problem-solving process
- Divergent & Convergent Thinking: Gather relevant information
- Interviewing techniques to gather relevant information for problem-solving
- Generating Ideas & Finding Solution
- Individual vs group problem-solving
- Strategic Consideration in Implementing Decision
- Guidelines for Communicating difficult decisions
2- days from 0900 – 1700
S$695 (Fee exclusive of 7% GST)
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. If notice of withdrawal is received:
– At least 1 week before commencement of the course, 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For a government-funded system, 20% of the total course fee before funding will be set.
– Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, 30% of the full course fee will be charged.
– No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded courses, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
3. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, 1no less than 2 days prior to course commencement.
Dates: 16-17 November 2022