Improving Communication Skills in Your Workplace to Enhance Personal Relationship
Before Funding: $695.00
Effective communication skills can help build stronger relationships, which can lead to better teamspirit and co-operation among staff and managers.
The ability to communicate information accurately, clearly and as intended, is a vital life skill and something that should not be overlooked.
Effective communication also helps to overcome awkward situations where a person is unsure how it should be handled. It helps us to overcome situations where people are taking advantage of our good nature; where an appraisal has to be conducted of an employee; where people promised to do something for us and have not carried it out.
By the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Understand the meaning of effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Learn how open communication contributes to organization effectiveness
- Identify their interpersonal styles & how it affects the working relationship
- Recognise the results of using inappropriate behavior
- Identify areas that will contribute to effective interpersonal relations
- Explore networking as a communication strategy and assess its relevance to interpersonal relationship
- Learn the barriers to effective communication through practical exercise
- Understand the different between assertive, passive, and aggressive communication and how to use these techniques, which will bring about better team spirit and co-operation
- Importance of communication & interpersonal skills
- Barriers to Effective Communication
- Making & Keeping: A Favourable Impression on Others
- Create An Environment that Fosters Excellent Communications
- Paraverbal Communication Skills
- Assertive, Passive & Aggressive Behaviours
- Networking As a Communication Strategy
- Calm, Cool and Collected: Strategies for Managing Conflict
- Strategies for Handling Difficult Situations
- Mastering the Art of Conversation
2- days from 0900 – 1700
S$695 (Fee exclusive of 7% GST)
1. All notice of transfer/withdrawal / deferment must be given in writing and submitted at least 2 weeks prior to course commencement.
2. If notice of withdrawal is received:
– At least 1 week before commencement of the course, 20% of the full course fee will be charged. For a government-funded system, 20% of the total course fee before funding will be set.
– Less than 1 week before commencement of the course, 30% of the full course fee will be charged.
– No show on the scheduled date, a full course fee will be levied. For government-funded courses, a full course fee before funding will be charged.
3. Certificates or Statement of Attainment or Certificate of Attendance will only be issued to participants who have achieved 75% attendance and undergo assessment (if applicable).
4. Notice of change in participant’s name must be given in writing, 1no less than 2 days prior to course commencement.
Dates: 16-17 November 2022